Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Touch a phone number to dial a patient from Dentrix Mobile

https://mobile-slate.ident.com/patient/show/425956123
    The url above shows a patient's information: Phone Number and e-mail, However, if I click on the patient e-mail an email client will prep a message. The same thing should be enabled for a patient's phone number. It's much easier on a mobile phone to touch the phone number and dial the patient immediately. Similar to Mail to: where the phone number is prefix with "Tel:"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. trash bin or undo button

there should be an "undo" button for deleting a file in the document center by mistake or have a trash bin to go retrieve it on the same day

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Document Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ADA codes listed on family ledger - alot of people need it for their HSA/FHA accounts

ADA codes listed on family ledger - alot of people need it for their HSA/FHA accounts

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Hours/Weekend Installation

Over the years Dentrix Application modules (binaries) have grown in size. I remember them being distributed in diskettes, then CD's onto DVDs and now via Cloud. The data being stored has also increased several folds (thanks to the paperless offices). Because of these increases (binaries as well as data), Dentrix version Upgrades can no longer fit in a standard lunch break. A typical upgrade from G5 to G6 could take anywhere from three to five hours, if everything goes smooth, and that too just on the Server.

What I would recommend is HSPS/Dentrix accommodate a Weekend window for Upgrades only…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When Insurance Changes the Tooth Chart automatically updates fees

When a patient has an insurance change in the Family File - it makes sense that the Tooth Chart automatically updates to the new fee schedule instead of manually having to update fees. Please consider this a priority as many errors can occur in treatment planning without this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Treatment Planning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OPTION TO SELECT THE TYPE OF COB FOR SECONDARY INSURANCE

It would be great if there was in option in Dentrix that allowed us to select the type of COB the secondary insurance has. If the patient has a secondary policy and the COB is non-standard, Dentrix will still account for the secondary policy paying as STANDARD COB. Obviously removing the secondary policy from the file is out of the question.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We've recently started using Recall Max and all of the automatic notes that go into the appointments regarding e-mails/texts/confirmations,

We've recently started using Recall Max and all of the automatic notes that go into the individual patient appointments in the Appointment Book regarding e-mails/texts/confirmations, etc. are printing on our Patient Visit Forms. Other than deleting these "nice to know" details/notes from the appointment prior to printing the forms, is there a way to customize this part of the information printed? Perhaps add another customizable check-box in the Patient Visit Form settings to choose whether we want the Appointment Notes to print??

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. have different colors to segregate between primary and secondary insurance.

have the choice to for different colors in dentrix for payments especially with insurance. Having diff colors for primary and secondary makes it easier when looking at the ledger and who paid and who didn't

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ledger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop the pop up boxes

Allow us to stop the pop up boxes. For example - I KNOW when I am scheduling the Dr. over lunch. Deleting all those Those pop-up boxes are a waste of time. Allow us to turn them off!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. locking treatment plan until signed

We would like for the treatment plan to be locked until the patient signs it and it is place in the document center. This would prevent people from completing the treatment without it in the doc center and provided a copy for review with the patient and for our business office to be able to discuss with the patient the reason for any balance

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Case Note - Insert Dateline location

When using the "Insert Dateline" button on the Case Note when in the Treatment planner. If you click insert dateline and then insert a template, the date line automatically goes to the bottom of the note. Previously (in G6.4) it would stay at the top.

IE:
    User click insert date line and inputs their initials. Hits the enter key a couple times and then inserts the needed template.

The date used to stay at the top, but now as soon as the template is inserted, the dateline gets moved to the bottom of the inserted template.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unscheduled Treatment Plan with Insurance Approval

We need the ability to print treatment plans that have pre-authorizations attached.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Treatment Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. D4342 Change hard-coding

Please change hard-coding of D4342 to allow tooth number to be submitted on claims instead of quads. I've seen several requests to allow tooth number and quad on code, I don't agree. I have only seen insurance companies want tooth number for this code and I have attached a screenshot. Insurance companies are stubborn but not stupid, they can infer the quad if you just allow tooth number. I have recently had problems getting e claims to submit my claim with the tooth numbers I submitted with the code and was explained by a tech that it is hard-coded on…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Walkout statement-date range/ADA code printed out on ledger

We need the ledger to print off the ADA code along with the description and the full practice name, dr's name and address. Patients are needing this information for their health savings reimbursement. The walkout will do it, but not if they pay on a different date. We are having to print the ledger, write in the codes in the column and then make a copy with the Dr's business card on the bottom of the ledger. Maybe make the walkout statement with a date range???

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ledger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dentrix does not allow Printing TO document center in a JPG Format so an EOB from primary insurance website can be attached secondary EClaim

Software is problem as it does not allow Printing TO document center in a JPG Format so an EOB from primary insurance website can be attached to the secondary claim electronically. PDF format cannot be attached to claim. Was told to use screen capture mode which is jpg format but this is issue when tested by Dentrix support team.

Problem with Screen Capture mode is it means the screen preferences must be in text size 100% (office manager has harder time seeing screen texts. Screen text size preferences in 125% which my office manager can read cause issues for Screen…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Document Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like the ability to close out the month/year on any day. We do not work the last week of Dec. and would like to close out Dec. 28th

I would like to close out on Dec. 28th instead of waiting until January. The office is closed and there is no production. This should be an easy fix.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Month End  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Chart audit to be able to check what chart notes havent been signed

We would like to be able to run an audit report of what chart notes haven't been signed.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it so that if you make a change to a scheduled appt. it doesn't change the provider

when scheduling an appt if your ops are assigned the provider would come up automatically

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Questionnaire Module Enhancements

Patients who fill out the Dentrix Questionnaire should receive an immediate confirmation that their form was correctly submitted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Questionnaires  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base