Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time Clock

I would like to have a place where I can place my employees Paid Time off and as I entered their requested PTO it will show a running total of how much time they have left and have record of when they used their PTO.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Time Clock  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bitewings and fmx integrate so when fmx is taken bitewings update due date

when a fmx is taken and and the bitewings are showing another due date continuing care will automatically set new due date for bitewings. Example: bitewings due 2/1/2019, you take fmx 1/1/2019, after taken bitewings new due date is 2/1/2020 and continuing care changes that date for us!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Continuing Care  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include batched claims that were never sent in the Insurance claims to process report

Include batched claims that were never sent in the Insurance claims to process report

324 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add fields to insurance data/benefit table

Could the benefits table be enhanced or fields added to where missing tooth clauses, waiting periods and non duplication clauses can be filled out

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Statements/Aging - Per Patient & Per Date of Service

When we post an insurance payment that does not cover the entire cost of the treatment on the claims. We should be given the option RIGHT then and there to "Send Statement for Remaining Balance". When there are multiple people in a family, the account balances are not always accurate because while one patient has a balance, another one has a pending insurance claim. Due to this issue, I have had to send patients custom claims that I have made in my office myself that reflect what they owe from a designated date of service because the statements in Dentrix…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a report to show total pmts

Patients are calling to get total payments for 2018 for their taxes. Have to go to ledger and add up all patient payments. Have a report to show totals for the year

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Ledger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. change the font style font size ?

Could we have the option to change the font size and style in Dentrix?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Patient Chart Procedure Codes Search

It would be great to have a search bar for keywords within the procedure codes on patient chart.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Birthdate in new appointment window

its is very important to get birthdate for a pt when new appt is made, i am surprised that this is not advised before , nor the requirements team or testing team has pointed or its in the list. whatever that feature is very important

364 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Trevor Terry responded

Thanks for the information, I’ll re-open the idea and ensure it’s documented.

10. medication, allergies and conditions automatically marked critical

With the update to Dentrix G7.2, it marked all medications, allergies and conditions in the data base as critical in all patients' medical history set up. It would have been better to mark them non-critical, reserving the choice to the clinician to mark which one's are critical for the individual patient. This is very time consuming to undo each item in the column. Even if there was a way to highlight the list and change the status to non-critical and then manually mark which ones are truly critical items for that patient would be very helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Health History Patient Reported Medications

I really like the new setup of the patient health history. It looks like a very easy to read and follow guide to the patient’s health. I have discovered that the feature for adding Patient Reported Medications does not work effectively. It does not make sense that I would need to go to settings and add a medication before I can actually add the medication to the patient’s history. It is also my understanding that every time I make a change thru settings that this will also change any on-line health history form. Since there can be thousands of medications,…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family File  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow the pinboarded appointments to have the same color assigned to Provider

When multiple appointments are on the pinboard, it would be helpful if they were the same color as the color assigned to the provider that they had been originally scheduled with so you could pick them out easier when rescheduling. Our providers are all identified by a specific color and this would make a huge difference! Right now, they're all the same. (Yellowish)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. phasing treatment

It would be very helpful & more strategic if you didn't have to right click tx in the treatment planner but instead choose the numeric order of the tx yourself. For example if the tx plan has 15 things in it & I want to phase it at phase 15(for future) I shouldn't have to right click "15" times to phase it at order 15.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Treatment Planning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3rd and 4th insurance carrier

We have patients with 3 and 4 carriers but the system only allows for 2

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Procedure Code Report

A report that can be ran by procedure code for a date range that includes patient name as well as if the procedure was charged out multiple times on same patient. Ex. D2740

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. automatic document center eligibility

With the eCentral Insurance manager, we would like the option to automatically have the eligibility reports go to the patients document center. Rather than going manually into each one and clicking the "send to dentrix document center" button.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Audit Trails for all changes made to dentrix. Especially the patient ledger.

Audit Trails for all changes made to dentrix. Especially the patient ledger.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Feature for staff to go back and find previously printed treatment plans or plans that where generated in the past.

Feature for staff to go back and find previously printed treatment plans or plans that where generated in the past.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Treatment Planning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. D4342 Change hard-coding

Please change hard-coding of D4342 to allow tooth number to be submitted on claims instead of quads. I've seen several requests to allow tooth number and quad on code, I don't agree. I have only seen insurance companies want tooth number for this code and I have attached a screenshot. Insurance companies are stubborn but not stupid, they can infer the quad if you just allow tooth number. I have recently had problems getting e claims to submit my claim with the tooth numbers I submitted with the code and was explained by a tech that it is hard-coded on…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Walkout statement-date range/ADA code printed out on ledger

We need the ledger to print off the ADA code along with the description and the full practice name, dr's name and address. Patients are needing this information for their health savings reimbursement. The walkout will do it, but not if they pay on a different date. We are having to print the ledger, write in the codes in the column and then make a copy with the Dr's business card on the bottom of the ledger. Maybe make the walkout statement with a date range???

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ledger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base