Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like the ability to close out the month/year on any day. We do not work the last week of Dec. and would like to close out Dec. 28th

I would like to close out on Dec. 28th instead of waiting until January. The office is closed and there is no production. This should be an easy fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Month End  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to print my Ins Analysis Rpt and Aging Rpt- It would be nice to have the option of no patient name.

I would be nice to be able to print the aging reports and the Ins Rpt and be able to take off patient names. As these reports get sent to my accountant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. report that can be run previous to closing month end to show unsigned clinical notes

report that can be run previous to closing month end to show unsigned clinical notes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Re-Opening the previously closed month.

I ran into the problem today, that I scheduled a month end to be ran over the weekend so we would be ready to go first thing Monday morning. Month End was ran, however, I received a long awaited payment in over the weekend that needed to be ran in the previous month that had just been closed out the day before. Re-Opening the previous month would be a very beneficial task to have in this instance. Also, with instances consisting of missed charges, missed payments, and charge corrections.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Daysheet previous balance

The re-calculate task does not run appropriately on version 6.6. Because this errors out every night before running, our daysheet balances are consistently incorrect. This results in us needing to run the re-calculate task manually, or run utilities, which is very inconvenient. We have spent entirely too much time messing with this just to get an accurate daysheet and it needs to be fixed!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we improve the parameters in the Patient Balance report to select >$20.00 owed instead of all patients?

The patient balance report has no parameters that will shorten the report. It shows all patients with $0 balances and credits. This is a 78 page report. Parameters would be very helpful.

Thanks, Sherri Nemecek
    Arbor Dental Austin
    512-917-9872
    Acct 052352TXD

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. HAVING THE ABILITY TO ADJUST THE STATEMENT GUARANTOR ADDRESS LINES TO FIT THE ENVELOPE WINDOWS WOULD BE A GREAT ENHANCEMENT FEATURE!

We have had to buy a different brand/size of envelope for our statements and the Name Line of the address that we are sending the statement to can not be seen through the window of the envelope. Can the address lines be lowered down the page by 2 lines? The ability to
    adjust the address to fit better would be a great feature!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DO NOT LIKE END OF MONTH AS IT IS AT PRESENT. LIKE IT BETTER THE OLD WAY.

The new way of closing out the end of month is very time consuming and not easy to understand. I like the old way much better.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Task Scheduler month description

Task Scheduler "Older than * months" for Close Transactions description text should match the task wording of "previous * months"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix allocating on split accts this has been a problem for far toooo long.

Fix allocating on split accts this has been a problem for far toooo long.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bulk Archiving patients

It would be awesome to have a way with month end that patients over 10years were bulk archived and a list generated so we can pull the charts if necessary and have it filed in our HIPPAA folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Month End  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Month End Email

With the changes to the operation of running Month End, it would be beneficial if there was the option to add your email to the Scheduled Tasks.....many times the tasks are not running. It would be nice to get email notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Run month end differently

We would like if month end was able to run by procedure date instead of entry date. This would allow us to post procedures prior to closing the month and still be put into history without waiting an additional month

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Simplify the Monthly closeout procedure

Simplify it, just like G5. 1 click and it takes care of the month.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better instructions are needed for Task Manager/Month End

Training is inadequate for new task manager and month end. Based on the design of the task manager, it appears you can reset MTD and YTD totals in Dentrix, independently of any other task. After 20 minutes on hold with Dentrix support today, I learned that these totals can only be reset after transactions are moved to history. I asked for more training materials on the task manager and was directed by the support person to Article #84885 about closing the month, but it does not explicitly state that these must be run together. I guess my thought is, if…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Recalculate Totals” task is not designed to reset the MTD/YTD Totals to zero – it’s designed to recalculate the numbers after the month has been closed (or during troubleshooting) to ensure that the numbers match with the database.

The process that resets the MTD/YTD totals to zero at the beginning of a new month/year (respectively) is the “Close Transactions”.

Is there a reason that you don’t want to run the “Close Transactions” part of the process?

Also, KB article 86271 has much better information regarding the options available in the Task Manager, and will also give a more in-depth explanation of how the Task Manager works.

17. Fix Reset Insurance Benefits on the Month End Close Task Scheduler

Please have your engineers fix the ongoing issue with the insurance benefits reset when closing the month. It was a wonderful feature Dentrix had that is now ruined after the last G6 update.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. month end

The new version is not as user friendly as the previous version. Every month I have to call about resetting insurance benefits since the task scheduler refers to it in past tense when in fact the task is for the present month

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Recalculate Totals" option in the "Reports and Tasks Scheduler" should be default.

The "Recalculate Totals" option in the "Reports and Tasks Scheduler" should be set as a default daily option. Making this as an option to choose will more often never be run effecting the totals of the practice.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Task Scheduler Fee Schedule Update

We're on G6.6 and we appreciate the Task Scheduler, but it's still missing an important feature: The ability to update treatment plan fees older than 6 months. (We know updating treatment plan fees in this way is available manually in Dentrix, but it would be nice to have the option in the Task Scheduler because this IS a recurring monthly task.

Detail:
    If an office honors presented fees for 6 months, it is important to be able to easily run a task called "Update Treatment Plan Fees" and set it to "Older than 6 months". And it is important to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base