Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. be able to make changes to a closed claim

You should be able to make changed to a closed claim. example: patient provided me with only 1 insurance. created the claim, sent it out, received payment, and entered the payment to the claim in which the claim is closed not. Now the patient realized that they have a secondary insurance. apparently since the claim is closed I cannot create another claim. It has to be deleted and recreated as well as the payment already imputed.

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create the Option to Choose what Services are Deducted from the MAX Allowance.

Some Insurance Maximums are not reduced by Preventative or Diagnostic Care. Please allow us the options to check what categories get deducted from the Max Allowance.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 Insurance plans

Many federal employees have 3 insurance plans. 2 dental and 1 medical. The BC BS medical plan must be filed first before either of the 2 dental plans will pay. Dentrix only allows 2 plans to be entered which means the 3rd claim is done manually.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. waiting periods

There needs to be a place to enter effective dates for insurance plans that have waiting periods. Some plans have different waiting periods for basic and major. There is no flag or warning when there is a waiting period

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Updating Insurance plans

It would nice to be able to change a billing address for an insurance in one place and have it automatically update that insurance address on all plans. (associated with that ins carrier). Instead of having to open the insurance maint. and pull all of the insurance plans with that insurance provider and change it on all of them individually.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guardian insurance company has changed their address. I would like to change all Guardian insurance at once vs. doing each plan individually

Guardian insurance company has changed their corporate mailing address. I would like to change all Guardian insurance companies in our system vs. doing each plan individually

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insurance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insurance report

Need a SUMMARY report of each insurance company's totals for the year. What was charged out, and what the provider write off was.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3rd and 4th insurance carrier

We have patients with 3 and 4 carriers but the system only allows for 2

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add another insurance option for entering orthodontic benefits seperate from dental. Often there is a seperate lifetime benefit for ortho.

Add a tab in the insurance information module to input ortho benefits. This would help with estimates and with tracking ortho vs. dental benefits.

257 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create option to print claims status notes on insurance aging

The other Dentrix software (and any other dental software out there) has an option to run an insurance aging list WITH or WITHOUT claim status notes. Enterprise does not! Why?? It is so important and used on a daily basis!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a way to track open tertiary claims on an insurance aging report.

Presently, there is no way to run a report to see any tertiary insurance claims that are still open. Please create this option.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OPTION TO SELECT THE TYPE OF COB FOR SECONDARY INSURANCE

It would be great if there was in option in Dentrix that allowed us to select the type of COB the secondary insurance has. If the patient has a secondary policy and the COB is non-standard, Dentrix will still account for the secondary policy paying as STANDARD COB. Obviously removing the secondary policy from the file is out of the question.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. D4342 Change hard-coding

Please change hard-coding of D4342 to allow tooth number to be submitted on claims instead of quads. I've seen several requests to allow tooth number and quad on code, I don't agree. I have only seen insurance companies want tooth number for this code and I have attached a screenshot. Insurance companies are stubborn but not stupid, they can infer the quad if you just allow tooth number. I have recently had problems getting e claims to submit my claim with the tooth numbers I submitted with the code and was explained by a tech that it is hard-coded on…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. image button grayed out for insurance attachments (even with G7, Sidexis 4.2 and Smart Image)

image button to attach images to a claim is grayed out. we are forced to screen shot xrays which is a bit more time consuming. We are hoping that this can be fixed

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make it possible to treat orthodontics differently. There needs to be a way to change the doctor's fees

A suggestion for future would be to make it possible to treat orthodontics differently. There needs to be a way to change the doctor's fees based on case by case for orthodontics. The only way to do this right now is to change the dr's fee schedule for the patient's claim and then change it back to the normal fee.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sending Claim for D4342 SRP (1-3 Teeth)

There are certain procedures (crowns, SRP, implants, etc.) that require an ATTACHMENT, such as xrays, perio charting, etc, before sending the claim to insurance.

I need Dentrix to remind me to include teeth #s for code D4342, SRP for 1-3 teeth. Insurance cos require we submit teeth #s in our claim or they kick the claim back to us. Because they also want the QUADs of D4342 (UR, LL, etc), we need to be able to include teeth #s with the Quad. This would require an additional box in the Procedure Code Setup.

Currently, I have to look at clinical…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to see a snapshot of Insurance coverage

It would be great to have an option to print out or take a snapshot of a guarantors insurance information. Almost like the info button where we can get a snapshot of a family from any screen, being able to get a snapshot of a patients insurance with group #, ID#, and basic info like deductible and max would be great. Sometimes we need to forward this info for referrals to other offices and having this info quickly and easily would be very nice

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it possible for all insurance coverage tables to change when you change the default table.

When the ADA deletes codes and replaces them with new codes. For example occlusal guards are now D9944, D9945, and D9946 and NOT D9940. Same thing with space maintainers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. a way to change an insurance company's address and ohone

We need a way to change an insurance's address & phone for all employers who have that particular insurance all at the same time instead of updating each employer, one by one.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deductibles

We need a way to apply a deductible across the whole TX - example the patient has a $100 deductible applies to both preventive and standard- I want that to subtract from the full amount not add it up to a $200 deductible that needs to be met

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base