Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. flagging patients who are due for a medical history update

We like to have an updated medical history for every patient every 2 years. Other than pulling every single chart to check for when the last update was done, it would be nice to have a place on dentrix to mark when they are due for a new med history update. The flag could come up on the patient chart just like when they are due for prophy or x-rays.

534 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a way to hide inactivated providers.

Have a way to hide inactivated providers.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show statements sent in ledger.

Show date statements were sent in the ledger so we don't have to look in multiple places when the member is on the phone. The more info to view in the ledger, the better.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Statements/Aging - Per Patient & Per Date of Service

When we post an insurance payment that does not cover the entire cost of the treatment on the claims. We should be given the option RIGHT then and there to "Send Statement for Remaining Balance". When there are multiple people in a family, the account balances are not always accurate because while one patient has a balance, another one has a pending insurance claim. Due to this issue, I have had to send patients custom claims that I have made in my office myself that reflect what they owe from a designated date of service because the statements in Dentrix…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. medication, allergies and conditions automatically marked critical

With the update to Dentrix G7.2, it marked all medications, allergies and conditions in the data base as critical in all patients' medical history set up. It would have been better to mark them non-critical, reserving the choice to the clinician to mark which one's are critical for the individual patient. This is very time consuming to undo each item in the column. Even if there was a way to highlight the list and change the status to non-critical and then manually mark which ones are truly critical items for that patient would be very helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Medication list - more characters

We need more room to enter generic names for combination medications like Adderall (Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine).

I just commented on another improvement request about this, but I'm now regretting not being more specific when making requests about the new health history module. It falls far short of ideal. 20 characters does not cut it for medication names. I'd be happy to consult on the next revision of this, wish I had been in the room before this release was finalized. After reading one of the other comments about this, I'm also concerned that we will have patients adding to this list when…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inactivate Procedure Codes

Would like the capability to inactivate a procedure code rather than just hiding it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Availability to dictate clinical notes into patient charts?

It would be wonderful if the clinical notes could be dictated and recorded in the patient chart.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Route slip printing

We would love to be able to print route slips from one column at once instead of having to print them off individually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Balance Owed

Please Make it possible to see what the patient currently owes, not just an estimate. Make it that you could view what the individual patient owes and then the family. Highlight it in red to separate it. This would save a lot of time at front desk.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to make a group patient flag

Ability to make a group patient flag based on searchable data. Specifically for the same insurance carrier. This would help when wanting to flag a group insurance change instead of having to create a flag for each patient

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Combine List of Pharmacies

Our office currently has all our most used pharmacies entered into eDex. Now we have to enter the info into the new hh module and we are looking to start e-prescribe and will need to enter same info for that. Is there a way to pull the info from eDex to be used in all areas where pharmacy info is needed?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After Hours/Weekend Installation

Over the years Dentrix Application modules (binaries) have grown in size. I remember them being distributed in diskettes, then CD's onto DVDs and now via Cloud. The data being stored has also increased several folds (thanks to the paperless offices). Because of these increases (binaries as well as data), Dentrix version Upgrades can no longer fit in a standard lunch break. A typical upgrade from G5 to G6 could take anywhere from three to five hours, if everything goes smooth, and that too just on the Server.

What I would recommend is HSPS/Dentrix accommodate a Weekend window for Upgrades only…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dentrix Training Modules to integrate within eservices and payroll company LMS for HCRM tracking

Dentrix Training Modules to integrate within eservices and payroll company LMS (Learning Management System) for HCRM tracking. HSOne has this for their own employees. It's time to offer systems that help small, private office manage their HR, T&D, Time and Attendance (Time Clock is an outdated and insufficient system now), and Payroll. Time and Attendance should be integrated with the Dentrix Appointment Book as a hidden layer, similar to Perfect Day Scheduling, and smart enough to advise (Practice Advisor) on staff scheduling depending on patient flows and types of procedures being scheduled. The Time and Attendance module should be easily…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. larger text

I know you can change the font size for which you view the appointment book, I wish the same would apply for extensions like patient chart. I would like the dates and text in clinical notes to be bigger to view. This would be nice as an option per login. So, one user can have their settings to small text and another can have their's on large text without effecting the other. Just like our phones!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search verbiage on Clinical Notes.

I would like to be able to search for patients that had specific verbiage on their Clinical Notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open up more than one patient at a time

We should be able to open more than one patient at a time. It can be very frustrating when front desk is in the middle of something on one patient and then an assistant needs a treatment plan checked or something else and we have to close out what we were currently working on to help the assistant get what they need.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make user Names editable, ie when a

Employee user ID. This should be editable just like the password it. When a staff member is no longer employed and a new staff member is employed its much easier to edit a users info ie Name phone number address etc. This way we can replace old employees. If we have to delete emplyees and add new ones the whole office has to be out of dentrix which is nearly impossible in a larger practice. Thus we have a ton of staff and it takes forever to delete them. We were able to edit an old employee but the new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. printing a statement for a patient for his HSA and it says balance forward on the receipt, even though there is no balance. The HSA will no

Removing the balance forward from statements. HSA will not reimburse a client when they have a statement that reads Balance Forward--especially when there is no balance! Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)