How can we improve Dentrix?

Combine Same Patient with Two Duplicate Accounts

Where duplicate accounts have been created for the same patient, offer a way to combine the two records into one.

458 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Debra Duclos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Trevor Terry responded  · 

Your request has been received, thanks

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it would be very helpful I actually called today and was told by the support team that I would have to merge them and it will show as 2 family members no way to merge them to one.

• Kingston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enterprise version has this ability. Why don't the THOUSANDS of private offices? Are not BIG enough?

• Kingston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this very basic ability! This has been asked for since 2010! Then 2 years to see you respond that you "received" this request. Are you listening?

I agree! Why doesn't Dentrix have this ability yet? It has been suggested by users since 2010! That is 7 years people......

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It certainly would be useful to be able to merge two charts for the same patient (when one was created in error).

Sometimes a patient is created as a new patient even though they are already existing in the system. If work is done under the new patient file there should be a way to merge the two patient files together so as not to have to transfer each item individually.

I run into this all the time Please come up with an update to be able to do this

• kelkardds@yahoo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Dentrix show the previous record of a patient being entered a second time by mistake alerting 'a duplicate record has been found'.

• kelkardds@yahoo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Dentrix show the previous record of a patient being entered a second time by mistake alerting 'a duplicate record has been found'.

• JUANITA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE NEED A WAY TO LINK ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE THE SAME NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH WITHOUT COPYING EVERYTHING ON THE OLD ACCOUNT AND RE-ENTERING NEW ACCOUNT.

• Gaby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this has been suggested since 2010 I think it is time dentrix joins the other programs out there where you have that ability. I have worked multiple systems and this is the only system that you don't have that opportunity.

• Patricia Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes over the years, a patient came in and then came back 10 + years later. But a new family file/chart was opened. It would be nice to be able to merge the two files/charts together.

• Courtlyn Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dentrix should automatically identify if new patient demographics, when entered, match or are similar to an existing account. This should trigger a pop up that requires review of similar accounts prior to completion of an additional account.

We saw a patient in 2014 and he didn't tell us we had seen him. We made him a new chart. I need to merge the 2 files together because we now have 2 charts for him.

• amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to access the family file or patient chart from within the office journal.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base