How can we improve Dentrix?

3 Insurance plans

Many federal employees have 3 insurance plans. 2 dental and 1 medical. The BC BS medical plan must be filed first before either of the 2 dental plans will pay. Dentrix only allows 2 plans to be entered which means the 3rd claim is done manually.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enter the medical under medical insurance. But some patient do have three dental insurances and I agree. We need more options

• Rebecca Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made this suggestion many times before... How about putting the ability to add unlimited number of insurance plans with effective dates and termination dates so that the system will know which insurance to bill for each date of service. Many times patients' insurances will change before all claims are answered and you have to go in, take out the new insurance, add the old insurance, refile a claim, take out the old insurance, put back in the new insurance. I've worked with medical software that has this ability. There is no reason Dentrix shouldn't be able to do this as well.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to know how to bill the medical first if patient does have BCBS medical as well as 2 dental insurance companies as decribed above.

Feedback and Knowledge Base