How can we improve Dentrix?

be able to make changes to a closed claim

You should be able to make changed to a closed claim. example: patient provided me with only 1 insurance. created the claim, sent it out, received payment, and entered the payment to the claim in which the claim is closed not. Now the patient realized that they have a secondary insurance. apparently since the claim is closed I cannot create another claim. It has to be deleted and recreated as well as the payment already imputed.

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lile Bunar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefanie K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can update secondary insurance on a closed claim. Double click on the claim to open it, Double click on the top box with the patient's name in it, and if a secondary insurance has been added since, a line will appear at the bottom of that box that says "Update Secondary Insurance" or something to that effect, with a checkbox. Check the box, Click okay, and then the "Create Secondary" at the top of the claim should become active, and you can click that to create your secondary claim. =)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shouldn't be making changes to a closed claim. You shouldn't even be able to delete a claim that has a payment attached to it once the month is closed out. Instead, you add the secondary insurance info in their Family File. Then, go to the Ledger, open the primary claim and open the very first information box (pt name, etc.). There is a small checkbox at the bottom that says "Update Secondary Info." Check the box and create the secondary claim.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Call Dentrix. They walked me through a similar situation a month ago. It was easy, but I don't remember exactly how we did it. No need to delete/recreate the original claim. Sarah

Feedback and Knowledge Base