How can we improve Dentrix?

pt status

Under the status menu in the family file. I think there should be other options.
examples:
Inactive-Pt Moved
Inactive-Insurance Change
Inactive-Pt Unhappy/Switched Dentist
Pt on Hold- Getting new Ins/Job
This would make it easier for tracking.

159 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mokap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Brian. This is surely something that could be tracked elsewhere. If it, or anything like it were to ever be implemented, I hope it would be user defined rather than built into the software.

• Brian Schaefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the idea. This is what the patient info box on the family file is for. Keep status clean. Archive deceased patients and those who are done with your practice. Active status= active in recall. Inactive are those who still show up ever so often, but due to past financial or personal behavior, can not be trusted to keep appts and non-patients are just that.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created "codes" in our Procedure Category "Other" so those types of things are posted to the ledger when a pt leaves the practice.

• Michael Armijo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with your post. We created procedure codes for the items you mentioned under 'other' and when I look at the monthly and yearly production per procedure code, I can at least see how many we inactivated because of ins change, moved, etc. I know it does not help in the family file :(

• Antigo Dental Clinic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our go around for this issue is we make fake accounts under "Referred to" 1. Transferred to another dental office; 2. Relocated out of area; 3. Miss You Letter; 4. Dismissal Letter. This way when we inactivate patients, we pick a "Referred to" to mark reasoning. Really easy to run "Referred to" report and see list of patients who transferred, relocated, etc. Make sure to put #'s if front of reasoning when creating because then these options are always listed on top of "referred to" list to chose from. Hope this makes sense.

Feedback and Knowledge Base