How can we improve Dentrix?

CREDIT DOESN'T SHOW IN LEDGER

Since the latest update last week, we can no longer see when a patient has a credit on their account at the bottom of the ledger. PLEASE fix this. Thank you.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are still looking into this, however it looks like this change occurred as part of an effort to increase the readability of the ledger. It was determined that the “Family Portion of Balance” should not reflect negatives, however you should still be able to see negatives on the “Family Balance” section of the ledger.

As I said, we’re still actively reviewing and looking into this, please comment to let us know what you think about this, so that we have as much data as possible for this review.

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon Beehner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" has been a large pain for my office. The part I am most pissed about though is the fact that it was not listed on the G6.6 release information so that I could warn my staff about said "feature". Please get this changed today with a patch.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worst update ever!!! The credits don't show on bottom of ledger, only per patient-statement balances wrong-can't figure out how much people owe and now ins portion wrong too.
        I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT UPDATING TO G6.6-this is a nightmare for front desk and insurance/payment posting.

Once a claim is processed for any family member you CANNOT see if a credit exists. This creates a huge issue for the front desk and is really confusing for the patients as well. It really makes the front desk look untrustworthy that we cannot tell right away the credit amount on the whole family account!

This creates a huge issue for the front desk and is really confusing for the patients as well. It really makes the front desk look untrustworthy that we cannot tell right away the credit amount on the whole family account!

• Jewels R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

walkout statement does not correctly reflect the true amount due you have to do that math manually now. Please change it back.

the family portion of balance in the ledger is not showing the credits after we updated to 16-6.109:: please call me me asap when this is fixed! 623-551-9200 jammie office manager

the family portion of balance in the ledger is not showing the credits after we updated to 16-6.109:: please call me me asap when this is fixed! 623-551-9200 jammie office manager

• admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spoke with a representative about this on January 8th and I was informed the ledger was updated due to requests made on this website. It is even more confusing and I don't understand how this makes the ledger more manageable. The representative from dentrix had no answer for me only to refer to the knowledge section on dentrix.com. We need to be able to view quickly and accurately for our patients where their balance or credit is coming from.

• Michelle Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It did not increase the readability of the ledger, it has only confused the front desk staff. They collect $ from a patient for services done that day and when they print the walkout statement it shows they have a credit. This needs to be changed back the way it was!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

• Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This change in G6.6 is incredibly disappointing. If one patient on the family account had a credit, it used to automatically apply it. Now we have to check each person's account to see if they have a credit and go back to the patients ledger and calculate the portion for today. It is very time consuming and makes the margin for error so much greater. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

• Hedrick & Dodson Family Dentistry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to know if the family has a balance or not!! Why should it not reflect negatives??? You don't want to collect if there is no family balance. This is just unacceptable not to have any where on the ledger that would show this. PLEASE FIX!

• dental@dentist4life.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please,Please,Please change this back!!!!!!! We had an irate patient at the front because it is not easy to figure out if they will have a credit or HAD a credit. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK.

• Jacque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the family portion balance needs to reflex all activity including credit ! when our office is busy or someone from the back helps a pt with their ledger it doesn't show if there is a credit like it use to ! why would you even change that ? now you have to know what you are looking for to find the actual balance for a family! if not then at a glance you need to take all that info out of bold lettering at the bottom of the ledger because it is not actual accurate Thank You Jacque

This is a horrible change!!! It needs to go back to showing credits. It is a major hassle to calculate running credits from a patient not speaking of a huge family's individual credits on each of their accounts. Inconvenient for all the office staff and very time consuming!!! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

• dental@dentist4life.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the worst "enhancement" EVER!!!! It needs to go back to showing credits.
        I was told that this changed because staff was giving patients refunds when ins claims were still outstanding. Well.... how about training staff properly. The ledger not showing credits properly has caused SOOOO much trouble for our office and it's only been 2 weeks since we updated. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK. Or I have to go back to the older version (which I do not want to do).

• Tracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Credit balance needs to show as a family credit on the Ledger, please revert to the way it was before G6.6 and make this correction immediately

• mrdad@wavecable.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a patient wants to know what their credit balance is and there is insurance pending, we now have to do the math ourselves to figure that out (whereas Dentrix used to do the math for us). For example, Family Balance shows $163.60, Expected from insurance is $295.40, Family Portion of Balance shows $0. The patient's credit balance is 295.40 - 163.60 = 131.80. We would prefer to have Dentrix do this math for us like it used to.

This needs to be changed immediately back to the previous way. The old way allowed to see what the patients current balance that day was but also allowed you to see the family portion minus any credits or the please pay amount on the walk out. There is no need to collect money from patient if there is a credit on the account. This is very time consuming to figure out and patients are unhappy when they pay and then find out on the walk out that they have a $200 credit.

I am in agreement with all comments on this thread. This needs to be addressed immediately! It is an extremely unfortunate downgrade and has created a nightmare for our entire front office staff!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base