How can we improve Dentrix?

CREDIT DOESN'T SHOW IN LEDGER

Since the latest update last week, we can no longer see when a patient has a credit on their account at the bottom of the ledger. PLEASE fix this. Thank you.

160 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James McLane, DDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm that the Dentrix G6.6 R2 update (which I received a notification about being available a few days ago) DOES add the option in the ledger under "File - Pre-Payment Options Setup - Family Portion of Balance". Check the box labeled "Display Credit Amount".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not fixed and it actually doesn't even show an option under "family portion of balance." Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

We would like for the credit to show like it used to on the family portion of balance!! it was much more user friendly that way.

• mrdad@wavecable.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A "patch or "hot fix" would be greatly appreciated for those of us who are not ready to upgrade to G7 yet. Any chance of that? Thanks!

When a patient has a credit on their account it would be better if it showed up as a credit in the family portion of balance instead of it saying zero.

• James McLane, DDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In that case, how soon can we expect G7? Is there no chance of a hotfix once the change has been vetted through beta? This is a very frustrating change to have to live with.

This change makes it very difficult to collect the correct copays for a family member if there is an existing credit. We have ALWAYS used the family balance as to not over collect and want to factor any unpaid balance as well. DO NOT LIKE THIS CHANGE. PLEASE CHANGE BACK OR AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION. Thanks.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the most irritating and unproductive call to Dentrix 1/19/18 when I spoke with Kim regarding this issue as well as the ongoing problem with the telephone numbers not showing in full when hovering over over an appointment in the appointment book module. I was told we would have to wait for G7 for that to be corrected. Why? It worked fine before this latest update. Anyway, I digress. This ledger issue has to be one of the most illogical ideas that I have ever come across. I have a patient who is alone on an account. After applying a discount and collecting payment according to the balance listed on the "Family Balance" section of the ledger, he is left with a credit balance on his ledger. If I had had collected the lesser amount shown on the ledger (actually the amount that I had intended to collect) a credit balance would have been reflected on the family balance. Luckily his is scheduled for restorative work and I can correct the entire mess manually. This is on an account with ONE person involved not an entire family. This also should not have to wait for G7. It should be fixed NOW. When KIm told me this enhancement was a result of customer requests I think surely something was lost in the translation, because this literally does not add up!

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not care for the fact that when one family member has a credit balance and all the other family members have a -0- balance, the credit does not show in the Family Portion Balance at the bottom on the page. Please fix this as it is not accurate accounting and is messing with my books!

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not care for the fact that when one family member has a credit balance and all the other family members have a -0- balance, the credit does not show in the Family Portion Balance at the bottom on the page. Please fix this as it is not accurate accounting and is messing with my books!

• Brandon Beehner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" has been a large pain for my office. The part I am most pissed about though is the fact that it was not listed on the G6.6 release information so that I could warn my staff about said "feature". Please get this changed today with a patch.

Worst update ever!!! The credits don't show on bottom of ledger, only per patient-statement balances wrong-can't figure out how much people owe and now ins portion wrong too.
        I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT UPDATING TO G6.6-this is a nightmare for front desk and insurance/payment posting.

Once a claim is processed for any family member you CANNOT see if a credit exists. This creates a huge issue for the front desk and is really confusing for the patients as well. It really makes the front desk look untrustworthy that we cannot tell right away the credit amount on the whole family account!

This creates a huge issue for the front desk and is really confusing for the patients as well. It really makes the front desk look untrustworthy that we cannot tell right away the credit amount on the whole family account!

• Jewels R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

walkout statement does not correctly reflect the true amount due you have to do that math manually now. Please change it back.

the family portion of balance in the ledger is not showing the credits after we updated to 16-6.109:: please call me me asap when this is fixed! 623-551-9200 jammie office manager

the family portion of balance in the ledger is not showing the credits after we updated to 16-6.109:: please call me me asap when this is fixed! 623-551-9200 jammie office manager

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base