How can we improve Dentrix?

Track patient visit with appt status for wait time, etc.

Have a "stop watch" to show exactly how long an appointment has taken. Start a timer when a patient shows up for an appointment, so that at any time, the user can see how long a patient's visit has taken so far, with a sub-time for each phase of the visit (reception, operatory, waiting, etc.). Elapsed time for each phase of the visit. Break the time down by location to know how long the patient is waiting in the waiting room, how long in the operatory, how long getting x-rays, etc. Show the physical location of the patient on the appointment block. Store the tracking and provide reports for scheduling analysis. Staff can use this information to help determine which ADA codes might need Time Units adjusted to help improve efficiency in scheduling production times. [1496 114703]

402 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    My Voice AdministratorMy Voice Administrator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
     Irene Irene shared a merged idea: i would like to see a timer that calculates the time from check -in to the time the patient leaves the office  ·   · 
    MonicaMonica shared a merged idea: Patient time tracker  ·   · 
    Sally A.Sally A. shared a merged idea: $0.00 appointment visits such as office visits or steps to dentures should not inflate patient vistits on daysheet  ·   · 
    BeckyBecky shared a merged idea: Late Patient Alert  ·   · 
    Rick WrightRick Wright shared a merged idea: Patient Check In and time records for procedures  ·   · 
    JeannetteJeannette shared a merged idea: Show when patients are late  ·   · 
    ValerieValerie shared a merged idea: appointments that shows an indicator light when a patient has not arrived for an appointment on time.  ·   · 
    AndreaAndrea shared a merged idea: Date and Time Stamp the Appointment Status into the Notes Section  ·   · 
    DeAnneDeAnne shared a merged idea: Posting time on each patient.  ·   · 
    MelanieMelanie shared a merged idea: Patient Clock in & Clock out  ·   · 
    Amy BelloliAmy Belloli shared a merged idea: Make patients here, in waiting room blink and update amount of time waiting  ·   · 
    Maria Maria shared a merged idea: There needs to be a way to track how late patients arrive for there appts and the time from check in to check out.  ·   · 
    Amy MartinAmy Martin shared a merged idea: Timer that shows how since check in  ·   · 
    PahlsPahls shared a merged idea: appointment timer  ·   · 
    Edgar DavilaEdgar Davila shared a merged idea: Showing Time that patient has been in a specific appointment status  ·   · 
    thetoothplacethetoothplace shared a merged idea: Indicator Lights in appointment book  ·   · 
    KatyKaty shared a merged idea: Show time patient signs in when status is changed  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BethBeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we would like this too. I had it with Practice works so I know Dentrix can do this. Time for when the patient arrives and then the assistant changes it to when she sat them and the timer starts over. We pride ourselves on running on time so this would be helpful.

• StefanieStefanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is OVERDUE! Yes, color coding to see who is seated and who is here is great. Our office does that as well, but to see exactly how long they have been waiting by the minute is much more accurate and efficient.

• G FreedG Freed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like a sound/tone selectable by op or provider or status change so that we could know even if appt book is hidden behind other windows.

• drwallindrwallin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better yet- when the patient appt is set/complete it could permanently stamp the appointment with the times based on the amount of time under each Status type (ie time ARRIVED Status on, WAIT Status- how long pt waiting for hygiene exam is a BIG ONE). When a patient calls and says they "had to wait x minutes in the waiting room" or the "doctor took x minutes to come in after my cleaning", we can confirm that. MD's post below is on the money- #1 complaint in our office and on ONLINE REVIEWS is the wait time. Large practices cannot manage this effectively and software such and Venga that do track this stuff is expensive, unreliable (locks up on network) and does not integrate with Dentrix in any way. The only way to hold staff accountable for length of dental visits is to make sure they are also aware of these time factors. THIS MUST COME WITH NEXT RELEASE!!!!!!!!

• victoriavictoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so overdue. It is so helpful to see how long patients are in the waiting room so the staff can be monitored better.

• PahlsPahls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help our office in scheduling more effeciently in the future by being able to review actual appt times and where snags accured in the schedule , you can look back and see if times units scheduled were not enough for the procedure, or possibly the patients arrival was late and threw the schedule off.

• Lisa BouchezLisa Bouchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also time stamp arrival when patient checks in so staff knows who is early and who is late. This will help busier offices decide the order in which the patients are called back. Other softwares for pediatric and ortho have this built in.

• MDMD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us add more Status types, and have dentrix track the times when the status changes. That info should be easy to access within the appt and by "hovering" cursor over appt. Leading complaint in dental/medical offices is how long pts wait, and this would be easy for computer to track. We're already changing status for Arrive, Filling out Paperwork, Seated, as well as different status for how confirmed the pt. really is (Firm, Tentative, Not Reachable,etc)

• Cheran BeeCheran Bee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rhonda, we use the status bars, you can customize them. We have seperate color for Firm (spoke with patient), Firm (confirmed via e-central), Left message with a person to confirm, Left message on recorder to confirm, Patient called and is running late, Patient arrived, Patient seated. Once the patient has exited the entire appt is grey'd out, so at a glance you can see everyone's status. Our clinic especially likes the running late status color, they can tell at a glance that the pt is on their way and has not failed their appt.

• Carla EvansCarla Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the same general procedure as Lynn Lavigne for this purpose. We have Pt Here as a status. We also have LMHR (Left Message Home Recorder), LMW (Left Message Work), Confirmed all with different colors so we can glance at the schedule to see what confirmation status is and whether pt is here or not. Works great!

• Carla EvansCarla Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the same general procedure as Lynn Lavigne for this purpose. We have Pt Here as a status. We also have LMHR (Left Message Home Recorder), LMW (Left Message Work), Confirmed all with different colors so we can glance at the schedule to see what confirmation status is and whether pt is here or not. Works great!

• JoAnnJoAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this one. I am the appointment coordinator, I sit where patients in the waiting room can see me. I am the one who gets "the look" if they are not called back in a timely manor.

• shellyshelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to also suggest that when we mark that a patient has arrived that it automatically put a date stamp on that appointment. This way we know how long, if any, they have been waiting and how long they were in the chair. It would be good to know what time they were set complete as well. You then know exactly how long their appointment took. This would be helpful as some pts don't require as long for appts and some need more time.

• Lynn LavigneLynn Lavigne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of the indicator light when patients have been waiting a long time. We have entered our own color coding in the appointment status. HERE-Broken-Cnotes, etc; than we place a color. Go to Office Manager-Maintenance-Definitions-Appointment Status...you'll be able to add your own list in there...good luck! Lynn from The Valley Dentists in Hadley, MA

• Rhonda MeadorsRhonda Meadors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestion to our office was to have a seperate color for "Seated" so we know who is in the chair and who is still "HERE" waiting in the lobby.

Feedback and Knowledge Base