How can we improve Dentrix?

PowerPay changes in G6.4 are a ledger disaster

I cannot believe the recent changes to PowerPay payments in the ledger in G6.4. The fact that PowerPay payment amounts cannot be altered is highly defeating. First, this is inconsistent in regards to the workflow compared to other payment types (cash, check, credit cards outside of PowerPay) that aren't in history. In all of those cases, you can play around and change the amounts.

This is needed because there are times when you want to change the allocations on split payments, and there are times when you want to override what Dentrix is forcing you to do. But nope, this is no longer possible in G6.4 (apparently because a small number of users found it confusing that changing the amount of a PowerPay payment in the ledger wouldn't change the amount in Moneris - DUH!)

If I have a payment of $150 to one provider and the then want to split that payment later between 2 providers with $100 to Provider 1 and $50 to provider 2), Dentrix sometimes forces splits to work differently. It might force you to split if 3 ways with varying amounts depending on who's still owed money according to misallocated funds. In those instances, it might split it $120, $30, $20 between 3 providers. We should then be able to go back in and change the $120 to $100 and the $30 to $50 and delete the remaining $20 split. That is when you were seeing the message because Dentrix isn't able to recognize that you aren't actually changing the total amount, but simply changing who (which provider) the amounts are going to.

This feature really must go and it must resort back to the way it was prior to G6.4 or I am leaving Dentrix once and for all. There are already so many limitations and forced behaviors in Dentrix that are detrimental to work flow with finances within a business. This is just the capping moment. Now, we aren't even able to fix transactions or reallocate funds on transactions that aren't in history? Where will it end?

How about when you accidentally delete a partial split on a PowerPay payment? There is no way to adjust the remaining split up to the correct amount. Talk about create problems. How about when an employee deletes (whether by accident or on purpose) parts of a PowerPay split payment? This could wreck havoc on my ledgers and cause many patient to be unhappy if they are getting billed on things they've paid for already.

I can no longer rest easy that my ledgers are controlled by me. Please, undo this fiasco immediately!

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mokapmokap shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dr. Kapner,

I spoke with our development team, and after a bit of deliberation and discovery, the team has agreed that this change was unintentionally affecting the ability to modify PowerPay payments through Dentrix. And have decided to reverse this change in our Q4 2017 release, which is currently in development.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of this situation.

Thanks

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mokapmokap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brad, it seems odd that in this latest release - G6.5, the developers also removed the check/payment # and bank/branch number fields from the PowerPay transactions. I am assuming this will be put back in the Q4 updated as well?

Hi Trevor, I am assuming the latest release - G6.5 was the Q3 release? I was hoping to see the aforementioned change in this update, but am assuming now there will be at least one more release this year? Hopefully it fixes the issue in that release.

Thanks

• BobbieBobbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 6.4 you have taken out the ability to split a credit card transaction w/ Monus. This is a money maker for someone, certainly not us. I need this to be changed back so that I can change the amount charged to give the credit to clear ALL family members balances w/ one swipe of a credit card vs. many credit card swipes for each ledger. Now I'm having to do a debit adjustment from the one ledger I posted the entire payment to then give credit adjustments to the other family members to clear their ledger balances. As it stands now I have one ledger w/ a large credit and several other family ledgers w/ their balances and then credit adjustments to clear them. This is poor bookkeeping. While the overall balance after all the adjustments is zero one ledger has a credit, a debit adjustment and the other ledgers have credit adjustments vs. a credit card payment as it should be. Please correct this problem ASAP.

Hi Trevor, yes, I reached out to support as soon as I came across this. They checked into it and said it was intentional because there were "a small number of users" who found it confusing that a message popped up saying the amounts won't be changed in Moneris. I really don't understand why they are locking us out of editing that amount within our ledger. This is only the case with PowerPay credit card payments. I have cash, checks and other credit card payments (not through PowerPay) that aren't in history and the the amount field is fully editable. It is only PowerPay processed payments where the amount field is locked.

Again, this is a real problem in that sometimes I want to change how a payment is allocated. I might want to change a $100 split $50 each to two providers to $60 and $40, but this is no longer possible if the payment (again, not in history) was processed with PowerPay. You are able to split a payment, so, you can split a $100 PowerPay payment, but you can't necessarily control the amounts of the split. You are stuck with the split options that Dentrix allows in that case. There are times where I want the splits to be different, but this isn't possible.

I don't use PowerPay anymore, so I am not talking about when entering a new transaction. However, it might be the same in those instances also, as once the transaction is posted, you have no access to changing the amount field. This really needs to be undone asap please.

Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base