How can we improve Dentrix?

Customize Route Slips & Patient Visit Forms

We should be able to REALLY customize the Route Slips and Patient Visit Forms! I work in a dental office and feel that the Route Slips give too much information, but the Patient Visit forms just don't give enough. I like certain information boxes from each form, but we are not given the ability to mix and match the forms.

In our office we need something simple, but that gives detailed information about that days visit. (Procedure, Procedure code, Description, Cost - Patient Name, DOB - But still a blank space that the clinical team is able to write notes if needed) To achieve this I would do a perfect mesh of the Route Slip and Patient Visit form!! But I've tried every combination imaginable within the separate forms to try to customize it to meet our needs as close as possible, and I can NOT achieve this... :( So very frustrating! It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to create a 'Custom Visit Form' that each office could then go in and select what information they want presented on the form...??? Please, please, please make this an option!

231 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JasmineJasmine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobynnRobynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE this as an option and totally agree! It said I was out of votes today even though I haven't used any... :( However, I wanted to be sure I was able to at least give feedback!

• LibbyLibby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jasmine has the SAME problem that I have. Too much extra info on Route slip, but important info left off with no way to add it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Providers should have the ability to customize their routing slip to add what we need specifically. We are unable to add the last date BiteWings were taken.

• DenaDena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to see the "watches" on the routing slips or patient visit forms.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like that idea, and we would like to have the capability of doing the same thing at our office!

• DianaDiana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use G6 and it would be very helpful to edit the Route Slip. We want to print the mobile number for patients, not the H and W number, which many people do not use anymore.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our office is a busy practice. It helps to be able to utilize the patient visit form to display what is being done on any given day for patients. At times, what a patient is having done is very involved, or a lot is being done at one time for a patient. The patient visit form does not allow you to organize what is being done by tooth number. So, you may have a root canal being done on #5 and that is listed at the top. But, #5 is also have a post and core being done and you find that at the bottom. For the patient visit form to be of any use it would be nice if you could modify and edit the form to fit your particular office needs and be able to organize it in a manner that makes sense.

• Sheridan HSheridan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option to have the planned treatment at the bottom of the PVF in G6. I have it on mine! :)

• VieVie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently upgraded from G5 to G6 and thereafter lost the feature to see the pre-printed procedures planned for an appt, which is specified at the bottom of the "PATIENT VISIT FORM: Patient Appts". Our office prefers the PVF to the PRS because Primary Dental Insurance coverage notes are available at a glance for Clinical staff AND Clinical staff then uses the space just below the "PATIENT APPOINTMENTS" as a redundant system to communicate to the Front Office staff edits to treatment planned for the day's appt AND which provider delivered said treatment. Having the planned treatment preprinted on the PVF form obviates the need for Clinical staff to handwrite everything and avoid additional time management concerns in the clinical setting. While this info is, in fact, listed at the top of the "PVF: Appointment", there is little space for clinical staff to write in edits to the appt and thus, lends to communication errors with Front Desk staff.

Feedback and Knowledge Base