How can we improve Dentrix?

apply finance chgs and create statements based on patient portion only

It would be extremely helpful and time saving if I could apply finance charges and create statements for patients based on patient portion only. At a recent seminar for G6, I was told this isn't possible, that it includes insurance pending. I live in Illinois and with the State not paying at this time, I have to go through hundreds of accounts to only send out 20% of those. Also I have to manually go through hundreds of accounts to adjust finance charges. It even applies them to patients with a credit! If I can change this, I would like to know, but at the seminar I was told I couldn't.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have statements show deductible amount applied on patient statements when an insurance payment is made, so they don't have to call and question why insurance paid less on a charge, or a note doesn't have to be handwritten on printed statements to explain. Since the deductible amount is entered in Dentrix anyway when an insurance payment is applied, it should be a line item on a patient's statement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, dentrix is calculating taxes on the total amount of a given procedure.

Here in NM we are only allowed to charge sales taxes on the portion of the treatment owed by the patient. We can't charge tax on the insurance portion.
        Thus, what we need to do here in the office is to calculate what would be owed by the patient, enter that in a calculator in order to figure out the sales tax on their portion. Then, we have to transfer that amount onto dentrix by adding an adjustment code.

We see more than 30 patients everyday and doing this every time is
        getting old besides being inefficient.

Dentrix should be all about efficiency and when I heard this kind of feature wasn't available it blew my mind!

Much less advaced softwares such as practice works have this feature, so I think there's no excuse for Dentrix not to have it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base