Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dentrix Schedule Times Adjustment

So many procedures in dentistry are done alone and as part of a procedure. It would be nice to be able to choose which one and have the procedure time not add to the appointment. For instance, a pulp test alone can take 20 minutes of time, but when doing it as part of a crown prep, it could just be part of the major process time and not add to the whole overall time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You should be able to view the day note, but not edit it. They should be two separate options

You should be able to view the day note, but not edit it. Currently you can limit access to editing the day notes, but unfortunately this does not allow just viewing the day note. They should be two separate options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make a way to alter the time patterns, we have to remove provider time from every recare appointment manually

Please make a way to alter the time patterns so the provider isn't automatically selected. When we make recare appointments we have to manually remove the provider X from each one so we can schedule 3 at a time. It doesn't take a lot of time, but a little bit for every patient. It would be quicker if we could remove that one time and be done with it. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back the name field after you put in your User ID in Dentrix 7.1.

You took away the field that displayed my name after I put in my userID, my password is complex and sometimes I mistype it. I spent 5 minutes trying to get my password right this morning and it turned out that I had typed in my userID wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Script to Apply Hours changes to the Appointment Book

Our office hours changed. I inputted the new hours into the Appointment book but to see the new hours on a given day, I have to update that day. Have to Update Operatory Schedule or refresh each day before seeing the new hours. Should be able to run a script that applies the new hours to all the days.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scheduling appointment

When creating an appointment, I have noticed that I am no longer able to put a Status in the appointment and then place on pinboard to schedule. I have to schedule appointment into appropiate time then go back into appt. to add status. G7 doesn't seem to be very efficient on the scheduling ;(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Track when a status was updated

Live status update on appointment book to see when a status was changed and how long its been that status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need a floating calendar (like Practice Works) on appointment page.

Don't like how have to close Dentrix's calendar (month) on the appointment page each time a month is chosen. I'm a new Dentrix user and so far most things are superior to Practice Works. On PW, the calendar stays on the appointment page (and doesn't close) when you go from day to day. This makes scheduling more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a default setting to always show pt Preferred Name on appointment book without having to use view tabs.

Have a default setting to always show pt Preferred Name on appointment book without having to use view tabs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a delete button to unscheduled appointments

The only place that unscheduled appointments can be deleted is from the unscheduled list. So if I am in the treatment planner trying to find patients to schedule for treatment or selecting a patient to create a new appointment and see a duplicate appointment or treatment that has already been completed I can not delete the extra unscheduled appointment. I either have to put it in the schedule and THEN delete or search the patient in the unscheduled list, find the appointment, and then delete. It would be much easier to just add a delete button in the appointment pop…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a feature/symbol that we can see on the appointment book for in house dental plan. just like we have symbols for medical alerts and lab.

Add a feature/symbol that we can see on the appointment book for in house dental plan. just like we have symbols for medical alert( cross sign), labs( L symbol), and notes( notes). for example, a heart symbol to been shown on the upper right corner for patients with a in house dental plan. This way we can keep up with our in house dental plan patients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. appointment status visibility and visibility through taskbar

I think every one uses the appointment status colors in different way but the downfall of it is that it can only be seen from the appointment book window. Many times I've been typing notes or working in a different window of Dentrix and I have not notice that my front desk as checked my next patient in for me to take back and they had to actually come back and tell me that my px is ready for me.

All this could be solved by placing a "light" that changes color only for the next oncoming patient for a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. day of report

I would like to see there is a way to make a report that shows the treatment recommend for the patients that are scheduled day of not what there scheduled for but the other treatment currently we have to go through each patients chart to pull that info.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appointment Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the appointment search patient lookup to be the same as the patient lookup in other modules (like family file). Must type in the comp

When using the appointment search function, it sure would be nice if the patient lookup was the same as in family file, ledger, etc. Currently required to enter the entire last name vs. typing the first few letters and getting a drop down list of patients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit the "broken appointment" time for x # of days. For instance, a cxl appt 3 days in advance is not considered "broken".

Be able to edit the # of days that is considered a "broken" appointment vs a "cancelled" appt or even better - assign either broken or cancelled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow customization of appointment book for printing. Being able to delete the alert and note icons so the full name of the patient appears

being able to delete the alert and not icons when printing the appointment book so the full name of the patient appears. The first name is cut off and when we have multiple family members, we can only see the last name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Monthly Production goal

We should be able to pick more than ten producers to get monthly production number

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warnings on Appointment Book

Would like to have an option to turn off the warnings on the appointment book that tell you "The office is not open at a requested time" or "Provider is not available at the requested time."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Patient Visit forms and Patient Route Slips

I would like to be able to customize Patient Visit Forms and Patient route slips

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base