Enhancement Requests

Do you have an idea for a new feature in Dentrix?

Welcome to MyVoice, the feedback site where you can enter, vote on, and view the status of requests from customers like you, to improve and enhance the Dentrix software.

We want to hear from you!

You may search for an idea using the field below, or enter your own idea if nobody else has made the same suggestion. To vote on an idea, simply click the “vote” button that is shown beneath the vote tally for each suggestion.

If you submit your own idea, please try to explain why this feature would help your office, so that other users (and our development team) can better understand why the feature is important to you.

If your idea is related to a legal requirement such as a new prescription or claim form (or changes to an existing form), please be sure to provide a link to a website that provides documentation regarding the changes, or attach the documentation to the idea directly (please do not attach any documents, screen shots, or other files that contain patient-specific, HIPAA-protected information).

We’re listening to the voice of our customers, so we can make the Dentrix software even better!

How can we improve Dentrix?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Non-scheduled ASAP list

We need a way to keep track of those patients who don't want to make an appointment but want to be called ASAP for an opening on hygiene. Right now, all I have is a pad of paper on which I put names, phone numbers and if they want a specific day or time of day. Just seems like a printable list would make it so much easier to keep up with.

282 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Addition ASAP list for unscheduled patients

I think it would be extremely helpful if the ASAP list had an option of adding non-scheduled patients to that list. The make up of the ASAP list is just patients that are scheduled but would like to get in sooner. However, we have run into the situation where our patients are looking for a specific day or time but do not want to be scheduled out but just called if a cancellation occurs. Would that be an option? As of right now I just have a bunch of sticky notes on my desk of all the patients that want…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight additional family members when selecting one member of a family on appointment schedule

It would be nice to be able to click one family member and see who else in that family is scheduled on the same day. For example, the person highlighted has a black outlined box, maybe left click or "ctrl + click" could also outline other family members in a black box. We have many families with different last names, or perhaps are scheduled in one OP for DHV and another family member scheduled in a different OP for treatment. When we go to do reminder calls, we often will call families twice.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time stamp when an appointment is made or changed

Time stamp when an appointment is made along with the date. We record calls and a time stamp is necessary to find the call we are looking for.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ASAP list

We are now no longer able to "jump" forward in calendar/schedule when viewing next appt on ASAP list to be able to grab that appointment for cancellations without clicking out of asap window, go to that day and then pull appointment to pinboard to put in canceled time. I'd like it to go back to that feature that was available in G6.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like a 'Quick Reference' Column in the List view for 'Unscheduled, ASAP, and Open' lists.

Instead of having to double click each pt to look at their notes for preference in day/time, I'd like a column in the list view where I can see these notes for easy access. It is very time consuming to double click each pt over and over again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lists

We need a list option for people with no insurance that don't need to abide by the 6 month and 1 day rule. That way Also there needs to be a list of people that call and schedule then don't show up, that way you can double book that appointments to keep production.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Appointment time pattern

When more than one procedure is added to an appointment. The appointment pattern defaults to provider time only for the entire appointment. It would be helpful if the multicode could truncate the appointment time pattern set in the office manager to reflect appropriate chair, assistant and provider time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow calendar to be viewed at all times on Schedule

It would be nice to have an option to have the calendar set to the schedule view so clicking onto the calendar option is not required... also you would not have to click month after month to get to a specific month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Linking appointments

When multiple family members are scheduled at the same time, with different providers and on the ASAP list, it would be nice to link the appointments. So we can't move one without the other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ENABLE ACCESS TO ALL PT NOTES FROM ASAP LISTS

When using the ASAP lists, we need to know what the appt notes say regarding their appointment needs. Some need it to be after a certain date for insurance reasons, or some may prefer certain days or times for appointments. Others may need multiple appointments same time for other family members. We note this info in the appointment notes. You already have enabled access to the MED ALERTS and OTHER INFO buttons. Why not also enable the NOTES check mark icon which shows on all appointments with notes, just like the med alert red cross does. It would greatly speed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the schedule for the future only, not the past

Right now, if I change the schedule from now on, it will change the schedule as far back in the past as it goes as well. I would like to be able to change the schedule without it changing the past, only the future. Also, we should also be able to make schedule changes for a specified future date as well (ex: effective 6 months in the future). I would also like to be able to close certain operatories. Right now, there is not a "CLOSE" option for an individual operatory. If the office is open, it forces every operatory…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When entering a new patient, there should be a birthday field so we are aware

When entering a new patient on the schedule, there should be a birthday field to enter patients birthday so hygiene is aware of age of patient to plan and set up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Goals are not showing up in the Production Schedule Calendar

I have goals entered through Practice Manager, but it is showing up 0 in the mini calendar on the Appointment book.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ASAP in the appt list

you need to be able to pull up the asap list for appts in the future that want to come in sooner. The system will not let you go into the future but a few days at a time. You need to see at least one month out to able to bring people forward for a sooner appt. This new list does not work!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pinboard

Make the pinboard longer and the tabs shorter so that we can see more of the appointments at one time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View Appointment Notes on the ASAP List

I would be so helpful when viewing the ASAP list if there was an additional column that showed any notes that are on the appointment. We make notes on the appointment of preferences the patient may have in regards to time, day, provider, etc. It would eliminate so much wasted time if we were able to view those with out having to open each appointment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base